Owning an aircraft is surely a proud moment. But buying an aircraft depends on several things. Buying one and flying both are quite expensive and it will remain so. But while investing in this expensive yet recreational property you should keep a few things in mind. Buying an aircraft depends on how much time you are going to fly. When you are purchasing a used aircraft, apart from worrying about the aircraft title search, there are more things to take care of.
Have a closer look and check the factors like model and manufacturing date, engine, airframe modifications, history of damage, interior and exterior, types of avionics, time on the airframe. Upon this examination, what you are going to buy depends. Either you are going to buy an older and capable aircraft or that will be a new and less capable one. This is your acquisition budget.
While buying an aircraft, bear in mind that there are scheduled and unscheduled maintenance charges that you have to pay. You can save money if you have knowledge of aircraft maintenance. You can have a rough idea on maintenance cost depending on the total assumed hour to fly a year and hourly cost.
What Would You to Take Care of?
- Apart from the aircraft title and escrow, you have to look after for the airframe modifications.
- A factory built engine is considered good but that does make much sense in market value.
- You should not consider an aircraft with a damage history. Before completely rejecting the aircraft, try to know damage history, type of it, time, loss due to it, logbook, repair history etc.
- You should not pay for the features that are already installed, rather pay for the features that are already installed.
- Make sure to have an aircraft title search. It helps to determine that the owner is not faking, it is the real owner.
- Next, do not ignore the logs. Read all the papers and books of the log book.
A Few More Tips
There is a thumb rule, fly your aircraft for one hour at least once a month or thirty days. Otherwise, it would be considered as aircraft abuse. Oil drainage, dried out sealant, flat tires and batteries are also types of aircraft abuse.
Make sure you know the state rules well. The rules and regular keep on changing in every state and abiding by the same and knowing the right one are essential.
For your aircraft title and escrow, visit Aero Title. We would help you at every step whenever you need us. For any further query and title search, come to us without any hesitation.